Syncing Android to Google Calendar
Note: This information is for the Gmail app for Android 4.0 and up.
You can add multiple accounts to the Gmail app, including Gmail and Google Apps for work or school accounts. You don’t need to sign out when you want to add or switch accounts.
Directions for your device may be a bit different, but here’s the general idea:
- Open the Settings app for your phone or tablet.
- Find the Accounts section.
- Touch Add account.
- Select Google as the type of account.
- Choose Existing to sign in to an account you already have.
- Type your full email address.
- Type your password and touch the right arrow to sign in. If you use 2-step verification, you’ll go through a special sign-in process after this.
- Finish going through the last couple screens and the Gmail app is ready to go.
Choose which calendars to display
When you first set up Calendar for a Google Account or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account, all the calendars that are displayed when you view that account’s Calendar on a desktop computer are also displayed on your phone. You can change which calendars get displayed:
- From any Calendar screen, touch Menu > Calendars to display.
- A list of calendars that are synced with your phone appears. The calendars that are currently displayed are checked. To hide a calendar (without stopping it from syncing), uncheck it.
- To select calendars to be synced to your phone, touch Calendars to sync at the bottom of the screen. Here you can view all calendars that are available for syncing and display, grouped by each of your accounts.
- To collapse or expand an account’s list of calendars, touch the name of the account. To display and sync a calendar, check it.
- Note that you can sync a calendar without always displaying it. Any calendars that are checked here are also listed on the Calendars to display screen—where you can choose to display them or not without affecting their syncing behavior.
- When you’re done, touch OK.