In order to maintain order within our institutional Google Drive we ask that all files and folders visible to groups follow the naming convention outlined below.
The naming convention is:
(Grade Level) (Course Name/Topic/Unit) – Title (Version)
Please make sure to:
- use hyphens as separators between the prefixes and the filename if more than 1 prefix
- pick titles that are clear but not excessively long
- if you need to, specify a version number or the relevant year
- ES Arts Drama-Collage Rubric
- ES Arts Drama-Collage Rubric V2
- G01 PYP-Assessment LP Self Evaluation
- G02 HWEO-Self-portrait Rubric
- Admin Whole Staff Orientation Schedule 14-15
- G08 Grade Level Meeting Minutes
- MSHS Tech-Goal Setting for Paul Swanson 14-15
- G06 Advisory-Academic Lessons
- G10 Students of Concern 14-15
The information in the name should stand alone and not require knowledge of the parent folder. Always consider the name from the perspective of others that are viewing it from a share in My Drive.
I create an evaluation file for Paul Swanson and named it Paul Swanson. If the MSHS Principal does the same thing, Paul will have two different files of the same name in his My Drive. Preferred names could be MSHS Adm Paul Swanson Evaluation and MSHS Tech Paul Swanson Evaluation.